Posted on June 19, 2012
It’s becoming a scorcher out there! If you have your day off from sitting in an air conditioned office, make sure you get outside some, but stay cool doing so. Boulder has many options to bare the heat during summer time.
1. The Pop-Jet fountain: This fountain is located on the 1300 block of the Pearl Street Mall. You will often see little children running through the fountains while their parents are watching from the side. Bring out your inner child and jump around in the fountain with the youngins.
2. Ben and Jerry’s Ice cream: Located on the North East corner of Broadway and Pearl, is the legendary Ben and Jerry’s Ice cream store. With an air conditioned shop and a variety of flavors, Ben and Jerry’s seems to hit the spot every time.
3. Haagen-Dazs: Located kiddy-corner to Ben and Jerry’s on the South West corner of Broadway and Pearl. You won’t miss this shop walking by; There is someone out there every day giving out free samples. I recommend going in and experiencing the friendliest staff around and a delicious assortment of ice cream, shakes, and smoothies.
4. The Snow Cone Stand: The stand is located on Broadway and Pearl right outside Golite. If you want to go for a lighter treat, why not consume some ice with flavored, sugar water! The stand is always so tempting on the blazing summer days. Let your temptations take over and order any size and flavor until your heart’s content.
5. The Beer Garden at Bands on the Bricks: Even though this event is held at night time, the temperature seems to stay the same. Stop by Pearl Street every Wednesday night until August 15thand enjoy a different local beer, every month, from the beer garden. This month’s beer is Twisted Pine; a perfect refreshment to end the day while listening to bands perform.