Post Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2017
Hey football fans!
After another exciting season of NFL football, the time has come. The Super Bowl is just a few days away! Growing up a sports fan, this is one of my favorite times of the year. A Georgia native, my dad took my brother and me to Falcons games all the time. I would also visit my grandpa in Boston each year and cheer on the Patriots while eating some delicious fried clams. You could definitely say I grew up in a football family. Although I have a connection to both teams, I will be wearing my “Rise Up” Falcons t-shirt cheering for my hometown. Watching this game will definitely bring back great memories so get ready to create some of your own! If you’re looking for an energetic atmosphere and some great food, here are a few spots in downtown:
- For the past few years, Cured has created a Super Bowl tradition by serving delicious foot and a half long sandwiches that are perfect to share with a group! They are also offering three Super Bowl Specials including the Beasty Brady, the Bird, and the Gaga.
- The Beasty Brady will consist of tasty house roast beef, smoked cheddar, esplette aioli, and greens. For the Falcon’s fans, the Bird will be served with turkey galantine, roast tomato chutney, aioli, cheddar, apples, and greens. To honor the dynamic halftime performer, the Gaga will include brie, butter, fig jam, apples, and tender greens.
- For all you Pretzel lovers, you’re in luck! This Sunday, Das Pretzel Foundry will be visiting Cured to whip up some freshly baked Pretzel dogs which consists of a tender belly Berkshire pork hot dog wrapped in a warm, yummy pretzel.
- Who’s ready for “Supper Bowl Sunday?” I know I am! Come visit Eureka! for this great special including your choice of craft beer paired with riblets for only $10. Make sure to come in starting at 1 pm and stay until close!
- Sit back and relax or pick up catering from West End Tavern! Their To-Go menu has a delicious game day selection of buffalo wings, BBQ pork, Mac N’ Cheese, brownies, and more! Enjoy their 6 flat screen TV’s and great drink menu including craft beer, bourbon, and cocktails.
- Calling all you wing lovers! Make sure to stop by Lazy Dog for their halftime wing eating contest! There is a CASH PRIZE for those who finish 1st ($100), 2nd ($50), and 3rd ($25). In order to compete, you have to enter during the first quarter and they are only accepting the first 10-15 people who show up so hurry down! Lazy Dog is the ultimate sports bar experience with TV’s and sports paraphernalia everywhere you look!
- Sip on some award winning Belgian beer during the ALL DAY happy hour for Super Bowl Sunday! Find a seat at the bar for a great view of the game while eating unique house made eats paired with a bold, flavorful craft beer.
Whether you decide on a pretzel dog, riblets, BBQ, Belgian beer, or wings, you can’t go wrong! I hope to see you all downtown and I wish everyone a safe and happy Super Bowl Sunday. May the best team win!