Wow, I can’t believe that it is already mid-July! With the summer flying by, I’m trying to make sure I get in as many activities and adventures as possible before the school year starts. Join me on a few of these can-not-miss events and experiences around downtown before school and fall activities pick back up!.
- Summer Sidewalk Sale: To kick off our summer bucket list, the Summer Sidewalk Sale is starting this Friday, July 22nd. An opportunity to shop small and support local businesses is never one I pass up. Head downtown to find great deals while exploring the Pearl Street Mall, East and West End districts and uplifting the community through your consumer choices!
- Listen in on a Night of Live Music: A must-have on your summer bucket list is some outdoor music. The Chautauqua Summer Concert Series is a great way to have an incredible night outside while enjoying talented artists and live music. Don’t let this be the extent of your night, though! Start the evening with dinner downtown at one of our endless restaurant options and then catch a free shuttle up to the event. Or substitute music at Chautauqua with free live music right here on Pearl Street. Bands on The Bricks isn’t over yet and will continue on Wednesday nights through August 3rd.
- Tube Down Boulder Creek: Got your tickets and made your plan for a good old music night? Yes? Good. Next on my list is tubing down Boulder Creek. With how hot it has been lately, this is a great way to cool off! Make sure to check water levels and rent tubes before you head that way. If tubing isn’t your thing, enjoy the creek with a walk ending at the Boulder County Farmers Market (on Wednesday evening from 4 - 8 pm OR on Saturday morning from 8 am - 2 pm).
- Catch a Bookstore Event: Now that we’ve gotten our shopper, inner musician and adventurer out and about, it’s time to get intellectual with an event at Trident Booksellers and Café. There are so many concerts, workshops, poetry readings, language nights and more offered throughout the summer at my favorite coffee shop in Boulder. I personally have never attended an event here yet and am so excited to get one on my calendar this summer! The Boulder Book Store also has a collection of authors that will be speaking and signing books throughout the months ahead. Go meet a new author and support local bookstores!
- Spend an Evening in the Park: This is a classic summer bucket list item. One way to check this one off is through Arts in the Park, kicking off on Friday, July 29th with the Boulder Opera. Yet another way to spend an evening downtown and be outside, listen to local artists perform at the Glen Huntington Bandshell. There will be food trucks, beer and wine available for purchase as well. Keep an eye on the Arts in the Park schedule and be sure to mark one on your calendar!
- The Pearl Street Mile: One event I am eagerly awaiting is the Pearl Street Mile on August 6th. Now in its 25th year, the Pearl Street Mile is a favorite in the runners’ world! With race options from a kids 800m to the Elite Men’s and Women’s mile, this is an evening for everyone to enjoy. Sponsor, volunteer and registration information can be found here! Whether you want to race around downtown’s historic landmarks or join the crowd to cheer racers on, this is an evening you won’t want to miss. After the race, party on Pearl Street with a DJ, live music and more! It’s the perfect night to celebrate as we pay tribute to our own Pearl Street Mall - celebrating its 45th anniversary this year!
- A Night at the Theater: Snag tickets to a concert at the Boulder Theater to round out your summer bucket list. This incredible venue has quite the lineup of artists throughout the rest of the summer! Elevate the night with dinner on Pearl Street or drinks on the rooftop of Avanti.
Complete this bucket list to do the rest of this summer right! Remember, the fun and events don’t end with summer. In fact, you can even start planning out your fall bucket list with Fall Fest in September. This is the perfect way to welcome autumn and all it brings with food, artists, musicians, entertainment and more. For now, I can’t wait to get started on this summer bucket list with you all! The rest of this season is sure to bring some of the best memories yet!
See you around,