Post Date: January 5, 2023
Can you believe it’s already the new year? If you’re like me, you’ve probably already planned out a variety of resolutions and goals for these next 12 months - less screen time, more steps in, better time management, etc. For everyone that is looking to get outside and fill 2023 with unforgettable experiences, this list is for you!
Here are my top 23 bucket list items to complete in downtown Boulder during 2023.
- I had to start off the list with a good old fashioned stroll down the Pearl Street Mall. With hundreds of local businesses, rotating busker performances and ever-evolving public art, there is always something new to experience when wandering downtown.
- Enjoy an afternoon tea at the Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse. Sip on a premium pot of tea complete with a beautiful three-tiered tower of sweet and savory pastries, scones, artichoke purses and mini sandwiches. Just be sure to make a reservation 24 hours in advance!
- Complete Downtown Boulder’s walking mural tour and soak in all the amazing street art adorning buildings throughout the downtown district. Bonus points for bundling up and doing this in the winter!
- Attend a live music event downtown like Bands on the Bricks or Fall Fest. Dance under the stars while enjoying a beverage from our Beer Garden!
- Get artsy and attend an exhibit at the Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art (BMoCA). Admission is only $2 per person Tuesday - Saturday and free on Sunday.
- Test your culinary talents by taking a class at Food Lab. Learn how to make fresh pasta, hearty paella, savory ramen and more. View all their classes and sign-up in advance!
- Take a walk through history and spend the afternoon at the Museum of Boulder. Explore local Boulder innovations over time in the Boulder Experience Gallery - and keep your eye out for rotating exhibitions.
- Add to your local art collection when attending the Pearl Street Arts Fest. Mark your calendars for July 14 - 16 to experience this one-of-a-kind outdoor art gallery!
- Go thrift shopping at Apocalypse, Heady Bauer and Magoo’s CKC. Plus, resell some of your items that have been sitting in your closet for a long time.
- Celebrate date night with a glass of wine and local art at R Gallery + Wine Bar. Complete the evening with a charcuterie board - cheers!
- Tap into your sweet side and take a dessert class at Piece, Love & Chocolate. Learn how to make chocolate cream puffs, French macarons, tasty truffles and more. Come hungry!
- Shop sidewalk sale deals during mid-winter, summer and post-holiday seasons. Browse amazing discounts from some of your favorite retailers and stock up on all your must-have items!
- Calm your mind and take a yoga class at Yoga Pearl. Try a guided meditation, vinyasa flow or yin yoga experience. Enjoy your first month of unlimited yoga for only $49!
- No summer in Boulder would be complete without a trip to the Boulder County Farmers Market. Meet local vendors and treat your tastebuds to fresh produce. A guaranteed Saturday morning success!
- In need of a getaway? Book a staycation at the Hotel Boulderado, St Julien Hotel & Spa or Bradley Boulder Inn. With the heart of Boulder just steps away, all three spots make for a perfect vacation weekend.
- Race against your friends to complete the downtown scavenger hunt. Discover hidden gems and fun facts you never knew about Boulder!
- Learn something new by attending an event at Terracotta. From introductions to plant care and propagation basics to cacao ceremonies and yoga, there is always something special happening in this gorgeous green space.
- Did you know Avanti Boulder hosts trivia on Tuesday nights? Grab your friends, grab a drink and grab a seat on the first floor to partake in this weekly ritual. Bring your thinking cap!
- Calling all caffeine-lovers: Downtown Boulder has its very own coffee trail. Try every shop on the list and find your local favorite!
- Nothing says Boulder quite like the annual Tube to Work Day. Find an intertube, helmet and your coworkers and travel to the office in the most unique style. Keep an eye out for the 2023 July date!
- See a show at the historic Boulder Theater. From musical performances to comedians and film viewings, evenings are always filled with entertainment at this classic spot. Check out their event calendar to see what is going on this year!
- Treat yourself to one of downtown’s fine dining restaurants. Dine in an Alpenglobe at Corrida, taste Italy at Frasca Food & Wine or share tapas with the table at Gemini. Everyone deserves a delicious meal!
- Finish out 2023 by attending Switch on the Holidays. Watch as the downtown district becomes illuminated by over 400,000 LED lights that brighten the area all throughout the holiday season. This display is not to be missed!
Are we missing something that should be on this list? Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let me know what we should add!
Cheers to all the adventures 2023 will bring!
Mentioned in this Post: Apocalypse, Avanti Boulder, Boulder County Farmers Markets, Boulder Dushanbe Teahouse, Boulder Museum of Contemporary Art, Boulder Theater, The Bradley Boulder Inn, Corrida, Food Lab, Frasca Food & Wine, Gemini, Heady Bauer, Hotel Boulderado, Magoo's CKC, Museum of Boulder, Piece, Love & Chocolate, R Gallery + Wine Bar, St Julien Hotel & Spa, Terracotta, Yoga Pearl
Tagged: Art, Boulder, Coffee, Dining, Holidays, Restaurants, Shopping