Sunday, April 28, 2024* | 1 - 5 pm | Pearl Street Mall
Spring officially arrives in Downtown Boulder when the beautiful, colorful Tulip Fairy, along with pint-sized fairies and elves, parade around the Pearl Street Mall "waking up the tulips." This much beloved springtime tradition features live performances, special activities for children and more than 15,000 tulips that adorn the world renowned Pearl Street Mall.
Exhibitors: Registration is now open!
The registration deadline is Monday, April 1, 2024. Please use the button below to fill out the registration form and complete payment.
Live Performance Schedule
Join us at the performance stage located on the 1300 block of the Pearl Street Mall for live music and performances! Plus, don't miss the Parades with The Tulip Fairy Queen - leaving from the front of the performance stage at 1:45, 2:45 and 3:45 pm!
1:00 - 1:45 PM Singer-songwriter Jenn Cleary
1:45 - 2:00 PM Tulip Fairy Parade with the Tulip Fairy Queen
2:00 - 2:45 PM Rocky Mountain Indigenous Dancers
2:45 - 3:00 PM Tulip Fairy Parade with the Tulip Fairy Queen
3:00 - 3:45 PM School of Rock Boulder
3:45 - 4:00 PM Tulip Fairy Parade with the Tulip Fairy Queen
4:00 - 5:00 PM Waking the Bear, with Jeff & Paige
Businesses, non-profits and community groups come together each spring to host activities perfect for families to enjoy. Many activities are free, but there is a cost for some face-painting and items will also be for sale. Stop by the Downtown Boulder Visitor Information Center for a program with a map of all activities at the event.
Confirmed activities this year include:
- Teddy Bear Doctor's Visit activity with Kaiser Permanente
- Foam Sword Dueling with Renaissance Adventures on the County Courthouse Lawn
- Run on a giant hamster wheel to make your own snow cone with Big Wheel Beverages
- Face Painting Stations (free and for a fee) throughout the event
- Nature Activities and Wildlife Safety with Open Space & Mountain Parks and others
- Fairy Tinsel and Feathers for your hair from Tinsel-n-Things
- Make Flower Fairy Sun Prints with The New Local
- Spin the Wheel and Play Games to win prizes with Capital One Café
- Create with Clay with Studio Arts Boulder
- And, of course, PARADES with the Tulip Fairy (leaving from the Performance Stage at 1:45, 2:45 and 3:45 pm).
Downtown Boulder Community Initiatives (501(c)(3)) produces free community events like the Tulip Fairy & Elf Festival downtown throughout the year. We rely on the support of our amazing community volunteers to make them happen.
Join us as a volunteer to assist with set-up and tear-down, do intercept surveys to help us learn more and get feedback from attendees and assist event staff and participating groups throughout the afternoon of the event.
Come for the Tulips, Stay for the Activities
The adorable children dressed up in their Tulip Fairy & Elf best are pretty hard to beat, but the 15,000 tulips planted on the Mall each year by the amazing staff of the City of Boulder's Parks and Recreation department are another great reason to join us for the event.
Parks and Recreation staff change the variety and color of the tulips planted on the Pearl Street Mall every year to provide a unique and impressive display each spring. Pearl Street Mall tulips are imported directly from Holland from a wholesale provider.