August is Happiness Month
And we can't wait to celebrate. All month long, check back here for special opportunities (and giveaways!) for you to share your happiness with us. After all, what could be happier than mountain views, sunshine-filled days and time spent exploring downtown with family and friends?
Happiness Happens Month
What is the key to being happy? It turns out, a few simple steps can make us happier human beings. From eating nourishing food (like many of our farm-to-table options downtown) to fostering connections with those around us, we can make small strides that have a big impact on our overall positivity. Get outside, enjoy nature and spend time with other people this month - and all the time - to feel a little bit happier each and every day.
Happiness Happens Month is a time to reflect on and increase happiness in our daily lives. It began as an organization that was started by a group called the Secret Society of Happy People, founded by Pamela Gail Johnson in August 1998. The goal of the group was to celebrate and embrace happiness in every form. In 2000, the secret society decided to take their celebration on a global platform and declared August 8 as ‘Happiness Happens Day’ and the whole month as the ‘Happiness Happens’ month. Join in the celebrations this year and share with us why downtown Boulder makes you happy!
Social Media Giveaway
Participate in our Instagram contest for a chance to win one of two $50 Downtown Boulder Gift Cards! Here's how to enter:
- From August 1 - August 15, take a photo with our Happy Place mural (located on the southwest corner of 14th and Pearl) and tag @downtownboulder or use #BoulderHappyPlace. In the caption, tag the name of a downtown business that brings you joy!
- From August 16 - 31, take a photo anywhere downtown and tag @downtownboulder or use #BoulderHappyPlace. In the caption, tag the name of a downtown business that brings you joy!
- One $50 gift card will be awarded August 15 and the other will be awarded August 31. Gift cards can be mailed to winners or picked up in person downtown.
Not feeling social media savvy? Email us your photos to be entered to win!
Happiness is most often all about the small things. Those every day rituals that fill your cup, those moments of human connection, those times you are able to stretch your legs. Happiness is also contagious. So we want you to share your moments of joy with us this month for a chance to win a $100 Downtown Boulder Gift Card.
Everyone has their own favorite spots to enjoy a warm beverage in the mornings, admire the Flatirons or purchase a new piece of clothing. During each of the five weeks of August, we are asking you to participate in our Happiness Challenge. Here's how to enter:
- Week 1 (August 1 - 7): Tag us on social media @downtownboulder or email us a photo of your favorite place to enjoy coffee/tea/beverages.
- Week 2 (August 8 - 14): Tag us on social media @downtownboulder or email us a photo of a busker downtown that you love listening to.
- Week 3 (August 15 - 21): Tag us on social media @downtownboulder or email us a photo of your favorite spot to have a bite to eat.
- Week 4 (August 22 - 28): Tag us on social media @downtownboulder or email us a photo of your go-to store downtown to shop.
- Week 5 (August 29 - September 4): Tag us on social media @downtownboulder or email us a photo of your favorite downtown view.
Use the subject line Happiness Challenge in your emails. Use #BoulderHappinessChallenge in your social media posts. Winner will be chosen on September 4. One photo = one entry. Participate every week for five entries and increase your chance of getting the gift card!
Happy Place Spotlights
Interested in learning where other people find happiness downtown? Check out our Happy Place spotlights and add some new spots to your list of must-see places in the district! If you want to share your own happy place with us, email us 1-2 sentences about your favorite place along with a photo for a chance to be posted.